Congratulations to the four American Institute of Architects – Iowa Chapter (AIA Iowa) firms who received Design Awards at the AIA Central States Region 2014 Excellence in Design Gala on October 23rd. Eighteen projects were chosen from the 250 submitted in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma. The Excellence in Design Awards are the highest recognition in a variety of architecture categories from Commercial to Historic Preservation and everything in between. Projects are judged based on a variety of features including: unique design, originality, sustainability, budget, and many more.
Here is the list of Iowa Architecture Firms and their projects receiving awards:
- Neumann Monson Architects – Des Moines Municipal Services Building in Des Moines, IA.
- OPN Architects – Cedar Rapids Public Library in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Shive Hattery – Commuter Lot Transit Shelter in Iowa City, IA.
- OPN Architects – Paramount Theatre in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Substance Architecture – Principal Riverwalk Pavilion in Des Moines, IA.
Renaissance Granite & Quartz had the privilege of fabricating and installing natural stone on three of these projects (Des Moines Municipal Services Building, Cedar Rapids Public Library and Paramount Theatre). We are excited to see these projects receive such prestigious awards!
CLICK HERE to see photos of the winning projects.
CLICK HERE to read the official AIA Iowa Chapter press release.