Renaissance Granite & Quartz specializes in fabricating and installing granite, quartz, and marble as well as other stone surfaces across Iowa. By using state-of-the-art technology we can produce larger projects efficiently and accurately to set ourselves apart from competitors.
We are seeking a full-time Commercial Estimator for quartz and natural stone as well as ceramic tile. We are seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated individual with previous Commercial Estimating experience. This individual must be accountable for their work and able to work with minimal supervision while having excellent communication skills.
The position is currently open and interviews will be taking place immediately.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the bid process: bid distribution, bid completion, and follow up on bid results
- Search for projects to bid
- Filter, clarify, and review scope of bids
- Analyze specifications, blueprints, and other electronic documentation
- Visit jobsite if necessary
- Consult with clients, vendors, contractors, subcontractors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and prepare estimates, change orders, and resolve issues.
- Manage multiple estimates both large and small by setting priorities.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Must be able to format proposals correctly and in detail. Must be able to analyze trends and make bid day adjustments for competition and scope of work.
- Must be able to convey estimate logic and recap at turnover.
The experience requirements for this position include:
- Experience in both private and public bid scenarios
- Communicate with clients in various roles (Contractor, Subcontractor, etc.)
- Review and evaluate bid documents to increase likelihood of winning bids and project profitability.
- Experience working with Plan Swift or other estimating takeoff software package as well as Microsoft Office products is required.
- AutoCAD experience is required
- Experience with countertop, wall panel and/or cladding a plus
The education requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction related field is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in estimating commercial projects is required
Renaissance Granite & Quartz offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), and holiday pay. If you are a self-motivated individual interested in being a part of a growing team apply today!
Please email your resume to Casey Walters, HR Manager, at CaseyW@RenaissanceGranite.net. Or stop by our facility to fill out an application.